Saturday, August 2, 2014

July Obsessions

I honestly don't know what the fuck I have been doing with my life or why it has taken me this long to put together a new post. I have been crazy busy with work and helping out with Stitched Sound which is getting completely redone. 

And all of a sudden, I woke up and it was August and I haven't done by July Obsessions post yet! I am terribly sorry for the lack of posts on here, but I am done with summer job this Thursday and then am going on vacation until August 10th and then I PROMISE the posts on here will be more frequent! And my hair series will continue!

Rimmel London's Matte BB Cream (in light)
I have never used a BB Cream before, but once the temperature in Seattle hit in the 80's, I needed something on my face that was lightweight and didn't leave my skin totally oily. I am OBSESSED with Rimmel London's matte line and this product is amazing. It fixes the blotchy colors on my skin and leaves a smooth finish and honestly feels like I am wearing lotion. And with the SPF factor, this is my go-to summer product. This shade is still a little dark for my skin tone so I have to use a little bit less than I normally would and blend very well, but other than that, it's an awesome product. 
Bumble and Bumble's Seaweed Shampoo
I have gotten samples of this from Sephora before and really enjoyed it, but didn't particularly care for the price tag that came along with this product. This past week, I managed to shag the 8oz bottle for only $7 at Nordstrom Rack! This shampoo really helps to add extra volume and texture to my hair and I love the clean smell that comes along with it. Bumble and Bumble has some of my favorite hair products and this one is no exception. I would recommend this product to anyone who is looking to add a little more texture to their hair. 
White Hair Chalk
I ordered a stick of white hair chalk off Etsy and after literally six week, it finally arrived. For days when my hair looks more brassy than others, I apply this chalk into my hair and it really helps to fade away the yellow tones. I normally apply this after I get out of the shower and my hair has dried a little and it works like a charm! It's an easy solution towards fixing imperfections in your hair without putting toning chemicals on it. It's really cheap too! I think I bought my stick for about $2 and it will last me for months!
Boy Meets World
This has always been one of my favorite shows and ABC Family has been airing more episodes lately and I have gotten hooked once again! Nothing beats a good show from the 90's and I am still convinced me and Rider Strong are meant to be together. For those that haven't seen this show, people who have been living under a rock, it doesn't get much better than this 90's hit. 
Beyonce
Jay Z and Beyonce played at Safeco Field on Wednesday and I was lucky enough to get to go to the show and since then, I haven't been able to stop listening to this album. The PR nerd in me is still in awe of how she managed to keep this album a secret, film all of those music videos, release it without any advertising and have it be so successful. It has never been done before and I don't think any artist will be able to do it again. This album is nothing but an empowering album for women with great songs that I am addicted to. Beyonce is such an inspiration to so many people and this is just a perfect album.
At the show with (from left) Ashley, Erin, Michelle, Maddie and Meggan.
Sickest view of the stage and the city.


Hope all is well.
Just love me:

2 comments:

  1. You are definitely one of my favorite bloggers right now after coming across you through some tagged posts! I am definitely going to try the Rimmel BB cream! <3

    xo, Kristine

    ReplyDelete